Who We Are:
As our student organizers graduate, college administrators think we’ll lose power. With the Alumni Divestment Network, we’re proving them wrong. The ADN is focused on uniting and supporting movement alums (graduates and college seniors in the divestment movement) to continue organizing post-graduation. Rather than diminishing in power as student organizers graduate, our movement will grow exponentially stronger as student leaders become movement organizers for the long-haul.
What We Do:
1) Building Political Community:
- Provide support and resources for alums organizing post-graduation
- Further political education through a reading group
- Mentorship for college seniors in their transition into “real world” organizing
- Build deep relationships among divestment movement alums to continue expanding the power and breadth of the divestment network
2) Leverage Alumni Power for Student Divestment:
- Assess the needs of student campaigns and determining strategic ways to leverage young alumni organizing capacity to support the student movement
- Goal of building self-sufficient alumni organizing team to leverage power for the student movement
3) Organize Beyond Divestment:
- We have a long-term vision of lending organizing energy to other climate justice campaign, as well as bridging the gaps between divestment, reinvestment and other climate justice work.
How To Get Involved:
We invite all movement alumni and college seniors who have been involved in student divestment to join the alumni divestment network. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved. Current possibilities for engagement include the political education reading group and the student divestment support team. Look out for upcoming opportunities and feel free to contact us with any questions!